Fitness Classes Lead Center Re-opening
After nearly four months of closing our doors in response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the BA Senior Center is planning a partial re-opening on July 6, with fitness classes offered in Centennial. The calendar of events on pages 14 and 15 outline the classes that will be available. Safety considerations for members, volunteers and staff returning to the Center are the focus of our re-opening efforts.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Please plan on parking in the back – west – parking lot to enter through the back door of the Center.
- The door will be unlocked 15 minutes before your class begins. Please follow the social distancing guidelines marked on the floor as you wait and enter.
- You must bring and wear a mask to enter the building.
- Your temperature will be taken as you enter the building and must be below 100.4 F to enter.
- Sign in for classes at a sign-in station located near the lounge. The touch screens will not be in use.
- Wait for your class to begin in Heritage – the lunchroom – following the social distancing guidelines.
- When your class concludes, exit through the north doors that are down the steps in Centennial.
- Only members coming to a scheduled class may enter the building. Classes will be limited to a maximum of 30 participants spaced 10 feet apart.
- The only available restrooms are near the office and the conference room and at the bottom of the ramp near the pool room.
- Bring water to drink. Water fountains will not be accessible, and bottled water will not be available to purchase.
- Wearing masks during class is up to the discretion of the activity leader.
- The temperature will be set lower in Centennial and fans will be in use. Please dress appropriately.
- If your class uses chairs, please return them, facing the west wall, to be sanitized. Please do not stack the chairs.
- If you are unable to use the stairs to exit, you can leave through the alcove doors in Heritage.
- The Center will be closed on Fridays.
Oath of Responsibility
Review the Oath of Responsibility that you will receive when you come to the Center for the first time: I am aware of the potential spread of COVID-19 that could result in severe illness and potential death. Therefore, I will, to the best of my ability, practice proper social distancing while at the Center and outside of the Center as recommended by Health Department directives, as well as practice good hygiene (hand washing, use of hand sanitizer, wearing of a mask when required, etc.) and follow other health recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Should I become ill, I promise to self-report the illness to the local Health Department and contact the BA Senior Center to let them know of my condition. Finally, if I am exposed or suspected to be exposed to COVID-19, I will self-quarantine and notify the BA Senior Center.
The staff and board of directors encourage all members to follow the guidance of their primary care physician regarding when it is safe to begin attending the Center. Those with acute or chronic conditions are at a greater risk for severe illness from COVID-19 and should not begin attending until advised by their physician. Take this time to discuss with your medical professional and your family when it is safe for you to return.